Wednesday 24 November 2010

Dear SW - We really, honestly, truly can afford it. Truly. Honestly.

'The team' had their initial visit meeting and loved us. Despite loving us, they have more questions.

Will hubby give up work?

What adoption leave pay will I get?

When will our IVA finish? (we told them this already)

We wrote our own detailed breakdown of finances for the report and, I believe, proved that we have enough money to cope even if they found us a match tomorrow. Frankly, by the time that IVA finishes we will be lucky to have been matched at all anyway. Get us through the system now and by the time it is all approved and we are ready, we will have more disposable income than we have ever seen. This isn't a maybe - it is an absolute date that is all legal and stuff...

I still think they are thinking that the woman is staying at home and the husband works, you know. We have planned that hubby takes the leave as he only works 16 hours and statutory pay is about the same.

<insert big sigh here> Oh... I *know* they have to dot every i and cross every t, but I want them to do it really understanding us. If they make an informed evaluation of the facts and decide we have to wait, OK - I've already said that I am happy to wait if I must. I just really worry that they are misunderstanding us and I want to be able to stand in front of them now and explain.

So, I wrote an email. I have read it several times now before sending - it is proofread beyond all reasonable doubt. It is considered and balanced and worthy of forwarding to anyone who is there to make a decision. There are no excessive exclamations, a lack of desperate pleading and a straightforward statement of the facts and our intentions. It is good. Is it enough?

I don't know. I have pressed 'send' and crossed my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment