Thursday 4 November 2010

What was I saying about waiting...?

That'll teach me.  All settled in for a nice long wait until after Christmas for our first Social Worker visit and... BOOM! Appointment for next week!

Already anxiety over what I say and how I say it has set in. While settling on a time for the meeting (could take up to four hours apparently?) I said that I didn't need to check with Hubby, I knew he would be in because "...he is the Mum" - it is a bit of an in joke in our house that he phoned someone up once and said "Hello, it's xxxx's Mum".

Now I'm worried whether I should have said it like that to the Social Worker before she has even met us! There was a bit of a gap after which she then said 'Oh he is going to stay at home, is he?' which makes me wonder if she has read our forms yet and perhaps doesn't know of the existance of Son.

Anyway, roll on next week and four hours of laying out our very souls for examination!

2 comments:

  1. I was forever putting my foot in it seemingly with our various social workers. I have talk a lot, and when I am nervous I talk even more!

    Anyway, what I am trying to say is try not to be intimidated. I was honest and must have come across as a loon at times but we got a match.

    Best of luck for your meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - the house is now in the middle of a big tidy in preparation. Not by me, you understand - 'Mum' is on it!

    ReplyDelete