Thursday 28 October 2010

And we have a timescale at last!

Firstly, I want to say how much it means to follow everyone's comments and Tweets. I have even been put in touch with a local adopter and spent a good while on the phone to them - it means a lot to be able to talk to people that have or are experiencing adoption. We have told a few people in our own circle now and they tend to use words like 'brave', 'noble' and 'admirable' - I'm glad they think so well of us but, really, I just want it to be normal. And, if I'm honest, I want to be able to have a little bitch about it now and again without feeling like I'm scratching some halo that has been placed on me.

I followed the advice from several of you and phoned the agency. I have to admit I used my son as an excuse (not very 'noble', eh?) and said that since we had discussed the adoption process with him, he was very excited and I wanted to be able to manage his expectations. I didn't want to hold them to any dates, but just wanted an understanding of the likely timescales. They were lovely. As it happens, then, they hope to get our first assessment done in the New Year, all being well get us to prep course by Easter and we should then expect home study in the summer.

I think that this is, therefore, another lesson to note down. Stop fannying about and just talk to someone and then problems that my overworked mind has built up suddenly become trivial.

Sorted.

1 comment:

  1. haha - like the stop fannying about and just talk bit - thats SO true. Well done you. Now you have a timescale to work with YAY x

    ReplyDelete